Keep Files That Have Been Deleted.

Catsrules

I have a Digital Ocean server running Bittorrent sync, I used that to torrent my podcast so I can help support/seed. I used torrent sync to sync the completed podcasts to my computers and phones. My server only had 20GB available so I need to delete the podcast every so often to make room for the new ones. But this deletes the podcast from my desktop and phones as well because they are synced with the server. Is there anyway to have my desktop"s Bittorrent sync ignore deleted files from the server? So I can keep an archive of the podcast on my desktop? 

At the moment I am using a Read only key to my desktop and phones.

@Catsrules

It's kind of possible. All files you delete on your Digital Ocean are actually moved to .sync\Archive folder and stay there for 30 days. You can change the advanced preference sync_trash_ttl to 0 to prevent Sync from cleaning up your archive. Then all your podcasts you delete on server will stay there until you delete them manually.

Ahh, so on my Client computer, I will put a 0 in the sync-trash_ttl config, so when I delete a podcast on my server. My Client computer will move the podcast to the .sync\Archive folder. Because that has a 0 in the config, it will keep it in the .sync\Archive folder forever. Correct?

That is an interesting idea. The problem I would have with this particular client is it is my home server and has many other syncs that would be affected by this sync_trash_ttl change, so I would manually have to go in and delete the archives out of other sync folders every so often But it is somthing to think about. 

Does the Linux client allow multiple instances of BTSync with different configs in each one? I thought I read that somewhere. Because that would fix that problem.

Ahh, so on my Client computer, I will put a 0 in the sync-trash_ttl config, so when I delete a podcast on my server. My Client computer will move the podcast to the .sync\Archive folder. Because that has a 0 in the config, it will keep it in the .sync\Archive folder forever. Correct?

Correct

Does the Linux client allow multiple instances of BTSync with different configs in each one? I thought I read that somewhere. Because that would fix that problem.

Running multiple instances of Sync is not officially supported. Yes, some users have found "workarounds" to achieve this, but perhaps your best solution may be to set sync_trash_ttl to "0" and then have a script/schedule task delete the contents of .sync\archive folders that you don't want to keep "forever" on a recurring interval (i.e. once per day).