Latest Desktop Build 1.4.99

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 1.4.99 is now available on download site. Here is direct link. It is NOT available via auto-update yet.

Change log:

- Files containing non-ASCII characters in their names may not sync from Linux PCs

- Fix PowerPC sync issue

- Fix issue with proxy settings not applied 

- Fix issue with notifications shown sometimes even if disabled

- Fix issue with "Out-of-sync" shown for Encrypted peers

- Fix application hangs

- Fix streams not syncing sometimes

- Reduce minimum window dimensions

- Other minor fixes

- Cosmetic changes and fixes

Previous public build (1.4.93) change log can be found here.

Important Notes on Sync 1.4
Downgrade to 1.3 is not possible after installing Sync 1.4.
(If you wish to downgrade - please uninstall Sync removing all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders from scratch)

Important Notes for Sync 1.3 Users
Windows XP and Server 2003 clients using Sync 1.3.x will not receive auto-updates to 1.4, but can still update to 1.4 manually.

Known issues
- UI is tiny on high resolution displays [Workaround]
- Files may become "Out of Sync" in certain instances [See this thread]

- Sync prevents some apps (Office, Autocad) from saving their files sometimes

log files were emailed.

these are CAD files.. any idea what could it be?

[20141031 14:00:29.137] FC[81D0]: LoadTorrent: requesting to load file Projects/Projects 2014/14110001 - BCT/14110001.5 - Potholing Utility Relocation Lauderhill/AUTOCAD/LAYOUTS/WO-1-UTIL/BS 2082 EB-UTIL.dwg which is modified on disk (cur:1414765911 stored:1414007374 size1:1513856 size2:1514560 hasInfo:0) - rejecting until file info is updated

[20141031 14:00:29.137] FC[81D0]: LoadTorrent: requesting to load file Projects/Projects 2014/14110001 - BCT/14110001.5 - Potholing Utility Relocation Lauderhill/AUTOCAD/LAYOUTS/WO-1-UTIL/BS 2171 WB-UTIL.dwg which is modified on disk (cur:1414766543 stored:1414008072 size1:1511744 size2:1508384 hasInfo:0) - rejecting until file info is updated
[20141031 14:00:29.137] FC[81D0]: LoadTorrent: requesting to load file Projects/Projects 2014/14110001 - BCT/14110001.5 - Potholing Utility Relocation Lauderhill/AUTOCAD/LAYOUTS/WO-1-UTIL/BS 2175 WB-UTIL.dwg which is modified on disk (cur:1414766106 stored:1414512807 size1:1497888 size2:1490848 hasInfo:0) - rejecting until file info is updated

I have 77.83 MB like that.... all CAD files extension .dwg 

I ended up hunting down those CAD files that were not syncing with the sync.log and using the search option via the console on Mac. Once I got the file path, had to go to the computer with the issue, remove the file to desktop, let it sync and add the file back. the files synced.

Hopefully, you guys can find a fix soon.

I have not seen the issues with office files, but we do use office for mac. I read the thread and it seems all notes are related to office for PC. Has anyone seen this problem with office for Mac?

Encrypted node doesn't work at all. Wrong size, wrong number of peers, wrong sync status.

Can't confirm this. Right size, right number of peers, right sync status with encrypted node. Have you tried to re-setup your encrypted node once? I did this after v1.4.93 release and since then it's working (it's still working in 1.4.99).

The issues with Encrypted nodes should have been addressed by this update - can you check that you've update all your nodes to 1.4.99?

I have definitely updated all nodes to 1.4.99. So far I haven't removed the folders and re-added them. That's my next step. I'll report back as to how that goes.

@ICE Any advice? Should I also delete the .sync folders before I re-add the keys or just remove the folder from sync and then add it back? I've already done this process in 1.4.93, and it didn't work. Folders never synced. Does anyone know if there is there any issue syncing between 32bit and 64bit nodes?

I first removed the folder from sync, then deleted entire folder (don't know if this was necessary) and re-added it to sync.

I'm using sync 32 bit version on debian Linux and 64 bit version on Windows 8.1.

Do your folders suddenly stop syncing, or is the synchronization process not even starting?

After updating all Clients from 1.4.93 to 1.4.99 I still had several “Out of sync” shares. As a test I generated new secrets/keys for all shares and syncing started again.

However shares (non RO and non-encrypted) keep going back to “Out of sync” showing the usual “no peers online” but in the Peers column all peers are seen an online.

Another not so fun thing was that after adding a peer on Linux the entire share’s content was deleted across all peers. Problem has been reported.

For now changing the key seems to buy me a couple of hours or days of sync per share with the out of sync issue. Obviously this is time consuming. I’m putting up my hopes for 1.4.xxx or even 1.5.x.

I deleted all the .sync folders and removed and readded the key to each computer with the encrypted node and now it appears that it's churning through the data again and slowly syncing. I'm trying not to have to resync the 100gb folder over the internet unless absolutely necessarry. Will update when and if the sync on the encrypted folder finishes. The read only node still appears to be in sync.

Still "Out of sync" on Read Only Overwrite Changes mode :( Same like in previous version.

Also indexing hangs on the same place like on 1.4.93 (1.91MB for my testing share)

I think, problem can be found in:

[20141103 14:51:02.799] SyncEncryptHandler: bad shareID (STATE_BEGIN)

.sync folders was deleted and it was re-shared again

Logs: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/31986-out-of-sync/page-3#entry94103

"Overwrite any changed files" option does not stay enabled on this build, Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit. At least on an ERO peer. Or is it by design?

EDIT: Okay, it seems to be by design. Sorry for posting before testing. :>

Edited by RazTK