Latest Desktop Build 1.4.99

RomanZ

RomanZ meant remove the folders from Sync (Folder Preferences - > Disconnect), and then re-add the folders back. No need to delete any data, or indeed uninstall/reinstall Sync itself.

Well that easy method certainly didn't work at all. I'm now trying to sync an encrypted node in new empty folder. I'll let you know how that goes in a few days since it has to transfer ~50 gb of data. Even if the nodes are working again after starting over, I suspect that data that was encrypted and stored on an encrypted node with 1.3.xxx is not usuable after upgrading all the machines to 1.4.xx.

Testing synchronisation with 2 “Read & Write”, 1 “Read Only” and 1 “Encrypted”, I noticed that after a while the entire share is “Out of sync”. Leaving 1 “Read & Write” and 1 “Encrypted” running, the share will never sync. Not sure if that is the “- Fix issue with "Out-of-sync" shown for Encrypted peers” Fix or still the open bug. Doesn’t really matter as 1.4.99 is still not usable with this kind of sync loss.

On a side note, there is another bug in the interface. If a “D” secret/key has been used, generating a new key will keep an “Encrypted” key in the interface that is of no use anymore.

What are these files com.apple.resourcefork and com.apple.finderinfo?

are they needed?

This has to be one of the most puzzling changes made in 1.4 betas. While the old btsync properly identified such files with their full name (including their base name, i.e.), now btsync shows you only the name of the extended attributes, making it impossible to tell, e.g., which file's resourcefork is stuck, without consulting the log.

See the screenshot below for an example:

btsync1.png