[Solved] No Peers After Update 1.4.99

Clouseau

I lost all peers after updateing to latest 1.4.99 version from 1.4.93.

I have one FreeNAS with Bittorrent Sync plug-in 1.4.93 version (no later version available) and three other client PC's with 1.4.93 version.

Is this feature or bug where versions are not compatible downwords? You should not release new client version before it's available in all versions in harware NAS too!

Is this feature or bug where versions are not compatible downwords?

1.4.99 should be backwards compatible with the previous 1.4.x build - so your issue is certainly not a "feature"

You should not release new client version before it's available in all versions in harware NAS too!

This isn't practical, as in many cases it's down to the individual NAS vendors who don't update their packages very often/quickly or indeed at the exact same time as each other/BitTorrent Inc!

1.4.99 should be backwards compatible with the previous 1.4.x build - so your issue is certainly not a "feature"

This isn't practical, as in many cases it's down to the individual NAS vendors who don't update their packages very often/quickly or indeed at the exact same time as each other/BitTorrent Inc!

OK - then there must be a bug - I can't see any of the other peers (servers or clients)

Can you just check your port settings in Sync and also in your router/firewall, to make sure that these haven't changed in your update to 1.4.99 (as blocked ports would explain "No peers")

Solved the issue - this release needs Windows boot after update to get peers "online". Early version did not need this. Thanks for help and support!