Make Sync Less Invasive. Please. (.sync Folders Etc.)

Martin the Wanderer

First: thank you guys for this tool - overall it is great! 

I tested it a couple of months ago and uninstalled again (performance killed my VPS, where I had one instance running). 

Now I just re-installed the latest version and it is getting better and better!

But... one annoying habit it still has... 

I know, nerds and unix people LOVE their hidden .whatever folders. ;-)

But please. 

We have have enough software that behaves like a virus, distributes its junk all over the harddisk and does not even clean up when you uninstall it... Windows and OS X for example... Please. It's enough.

1. as several others here have already suggested: why does Sync not store whatever information it needs in its own program folder or some centralized place, instead of contaminating each and every shared folder? I am just a "semi-technical" person, but it is hard to see why a centralized database would be worse - from a user point of view it would be definitely better...  At least as an option ("keep all data in program directory" or whatever) this would be great. 

2. if for whatever reason this is not possible or not intended - please add an option to the uninstaller to clean up the mess, i.e. remove whatever data Sync has spread all over the hard drive... 

3. as mentioned by others, the method to "hide" the folder does not work on all platforms, confuses other backup programs, etc.pp... it causes trouble. Since this is not possible to solve afaik - goto 1.  ;-)