Dual Boot / Dual Btsync

mneiger

Sorry,  I guess I was not very clear.

Profiles data, ie, configuration and db files would be stored separately, one for linux and one for windows, but there would be only one instance of the shared folder accessed by both btsync instances (though never at the same time) depending on whether i'd be running linux or windows.

I imagine that btsync would discover on startup the changes that happened while other OS was running and catch up with the other running repositories, but it could also consider theses changes conflicts?

Thanks,

Marc

It would probably depend on the hash of the file as well as the mtime.  I know in the past there have been issues with sync overwriting other nodes when changes were made while a node was offline - once the offline computer came back on, it's files were seen as the most recent (though actually older), and overwrote the newer files that were updated while it was offline.  You may run into something like that. 

@mneiger

I still would avoid doing so. Sync stores it's own change time in DB separately from the file. For example, if you move old file version on top of a newer in Sync folder - Sync is going to deliver it everywhere, because it's change time is the most fresh. This mechanism is not going to work with dual boot, and some files may sync in an unexpected direction.