Latest Desktop Build 1.4.103

RomanZ

1.4.103 seems stable to me on a variety of peers, but you may have to resync everything when you move from 1.3 to 1.4, as the upgrade process is far from smooth. That was my experience anyway.

So folks, I have a very stable release of 1.3, one of the last ones.  Should I upgrade to 1.4.103 for all my devices (Windows, FreeBSD, Andriod, iPoD) or should I wait?  Maybe a newer version of 1.4 is around the corner and will be even more stable?

Just curious.

So folks, I have a very stable release of 1.3, one of the last ones.  Should I upgrade to 1.4.103 for all my devices

I don't see sticking with 1.3 as an option. Recent releases of 1.4.x have fixed bugs that would likely result in data loss in earlier versions (see the release notes for details). However, I agree with @sfmcnally regarding the upgrade process from 1.3.x to 1.4.x not being smooth. For me the best outcome was from a completely clean install of 1.4.x, after removing all trace of 1.3.x from all peers. It's a drag, but I think it's worth it.

I got the options > preferences > advanced, but I just don't see "more options."  Could you be a bit more specific? (Windows 7 here.)

The "More Options" link isn't currently available when accessing Sync through your web browser. On Windows, you'll either need to run Sync in its "windowed" mode (only available if you have >IE9 installed) instead of through your browser, or use a config file to specify advanced settings instead

...instead of through your browser, or use a config file to specify advanced settings instead

Oh thanks.  Could you point me to a thread that gives instructions on how to edit this config file?  I've searched for it but I'm not seeing much for Windows. Nevermind.  Found it!

On another note, I'm noticing a slight glitch in the UI.  I have so many shares that the window requires a vertical scroll bar.  Now the three dots get partially covered up.  Nothing I've tried will adjust this.  Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.

WrefX.jpg

@pjmsullivan

Yes, the issue for negative "locked files" issue is known and is purely cosmetic. We'll fix it in future - please ignore for now.

@mh5bl

If you have SSH access to your NAS - it's rather easy. List the processes running (ps aux | grep btsync), see which config file was supplied to sync process, open it and add / modify "sync_trash_ttl" option. This option is not available for Android version of Sync (and actually no files are archived on mobile versions of Sync).

@Journeyman

Yeah, we know of this UI issue. Thanks for bringing to our attention. As workaround you can expand window width.

this release seems miles and above the slowest I've used so far.

ubuntu 14.04 x64 machine running as the destination, with ~12 windows pc's syncing in accross the WAN via a static IP/port mapping.

the webui takes ~10 minutes to load, pc's are showing "out of sync", speeds that used to run at 1 MB/s (per client) are running at ~50KB/s, then dropping to nothing. Haven't seen one single file sync in since the update.

Any ideas what is going on?

I'm experiencing the same exact issue... weeks of it being fine, 1-3MBps transfers, then with latest version fluctuating from no more than 1-1.5MBps then down to nearly zero... currently staying around 50-100kbps.  So strange!

Using 1.4.103 between Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2.  Direct host specified, nothing else checked, no modifications to other settings.  Downgrading soon.

@cubik

First thing to try is to increase send / recv buffers and set "low_disk_priority" to "false". If it does not help - let me know, I'll instruct you to collect profiling data to find out where is the bottleneck.

May I receive instruction about profiling my BTSync config? I'm using SSD disks, 4 core CPUs (i5 2500), 32GB DDR3, 1Gbps LAN. Buffers set to 24. How can I increase my speed? Now it's like 1-2MBs for small files (JPGs) between CentOS 6.5 and Windows 2008R2.

Hi everyone:

I've been having a problem where files are overwritten by older blank files.  This occurs several times per day and I've stopped using sync across 8 peers (instead, saving files in a non-synced folder temporarily).  I've sent in debug logs after duplicating the problem.  

Is there any way to troubleshoot this issue short of uninstalling sync and reinstalling?  I have about 15-20 folders synced on 8 peers and that process could take awhile.  Is there an index or cache I could clear first? 

Thanks.