Multiple Webui Users, One Nas (Cubox-I)

Hi all. I wonder how people here are using BTSync on their NAS. Do you just have 1 webui that you use?
But what if you are with 2 persons or a family, you would want each of them to have their own BTSync account (their own WebUI showing only their synced folders/devices), or is that a crazy exotic thought?

I have a Cubox-i running GeeXBoX and there is a BTSync package available. But BTSync does not support user accounts (as far as I know). How are you guys doing this now?

You are correct that Sync doesn't currently natively support multiple user accounts.

A potential "workaround" however might be if you can install/run multiple instances of Sync on your NAS device, each with a different config file, with each one specifying a different listening port. This could theoretically allow different users to connect to your NAS on different ports.

As I say, running multiple instances of Sync isn't officially supported/recommended, but could be a possible workaround to enable a form of multi-account support

That is exactly what tuxpoldo did with his BTSync Server package for Debian/Ubuntu.

I thought about using his github project to create a similar package for GeeXBoX (have a Cubox-i running GeeXBoX which is based on OpenBricks) but I definitely do not have the skills to do that.

But I am also worried that this multi-instance solution will have an effect on performance. That is why I am interested to hear more about usecases, how the folks here are using BTSync now, because perhaps I shouldnt worry about all of this and just put everyones secret codes in the webui, be done with it..

• 1 year later...