[Solved] Bittorrent Sync Not Syncing Some Files In Mercurial Repositories

SyncMan

Hello.

I am using Bittorrent Sync to sync my Win laptop and my Mac desktop. I use Mercurial as my versioning system (SCM).

Mercurial creates in its repository several files that have "~2e" at the beginning of their filenames. These files are located inside the .hg folder used to maintain the repository. Unfortunately, Bittorrent Sync does not sync these files. Executing "hg verify" confirms that the synced repository (the one created by Bittorrent Sync) is corrupted.

I made a comparison between the original repository and the synced repository (the one created by Bittorrent Sync) and the only files missing are those starting with "~2e". Manually copying them from one repository to the other fixes the problem.

Files starting with "~2e" do not seem to have any permission blocked; I could copy, delete and move them without any issue.

To replicate this problem just create one Mercurial repository, with at least one commit, and sync it with Bittorrent Sync. You can check the integrity of a repository by executing "hg verify". "~2e" files are inside the .hg folder.

I hope you can check this issue.

Thanks.

You'll need to modify the exclusion rules located in each folder's .sync\IgnoreList file.

By default, files beginning "~" are excluded from syncing, as the majority of the time such files are temporary/lock files created by applications which you wouldn't want to sync.

If you wish files beginning "~" to sync, you'll need to remove the associated "~*" exclusion rule from the .sync\IgnoreList files on each of your devices.