What Speed Is Expected?

Bitwise

@Bitwise

Memory consumption increases accordingly. If you have your send buffer 5 megs and increase it to 50, Sync will consume 45 megs more.

Thanks.  So it is one send and one receive buffer for the entire application?  (Not one per file, transmission, folder, or something else?)

@Bitwise

We are getting around 90% of router's claimed bandwidth in our lab. Other solutions (like, transferring file over CIFS) introduce around 95% of bandwidth.

According to the Wikipedia article on 802.11n, it is designed to deliver up to 600mbps.  Are you getting 540mbps on 600mbps routers, 270mbps on 300mpbs routers, and 145mbps on 150mpbs routers?

BTSync is stating that it is delivering 3mbps on two 150mpbs routers I have tested. and under 10mbps on a 600mpbs router I tested.  During testing, I disabled all other traffic on the routers.  Also, during testing, I located all the equipment in the same 3mx3m test room.

Can you advise?

What types of speeds are others experiencing?

@Bitwise

We are getting around 100-110Mbytes/sec in LAN (gigabit ethernet) and nearly 10-11 thru wifi router (802.11n) in our Lab. It looks like there is some bottleneck in your setup.

First couple of things I suggest to check:

- if your "hdd_low_priority" set to "False"

- increase your receive / send buffers 2-3 times (to around 20-30 Mb)

- make sure that connection is direct, not via relay server

If all above does not help - let's collect profiler data and see what it says.

You could check your network properties option (if in windows) to see what speed the wifi card is actually operating at (I usually get 70-100mbs on a 300mbs 802.11n router because of moderate signal).  

On top of this, the network speed is measured in Mb/s and transfer speeds at MB/s (divide by 8 to go from Mb to MB). On the above network I can usually send/receive in-network at 6-9MB/s, which is using 48-72Mb/s of bandwidth (reserving some for overhead and web browsing).

The tracker helps your computers initially get in touch with each other, and is not needed thereafter.  On the same wifi network it shouldn't be needed.  

Relays help if a direct connection can't be made between the computers (usually due to firewall issues).  This also shouldn't be needed on the same local network. 

Relays can slow down the transfer considerably (bandwidth is limited), so as long as your computers can make a direct connection, it's actually faster to turn them off.