Constantly Low Traffic, Draining Laptop Battery

jochen

Try turning off the per-folder "Search LAN" setting (and use pre-defined hosts if necessary)

Also, there are a few advanced settings you can check/tweak which may reduce battery consumption on your laptop:

• Set "disk_low_priority" to "true"
  • Set "lan_encrypt_data" to "false"
  • Set "profiler_enabled" to "false"
  • Increase the value of "folder_rescan_interval" from the default of 600 (seconds) - try 1200

• 3 months later...

I'll echo this concern. I'm running a Sony VAIO Duo 13 with a Core i7, which I specifically bought for its excellent battery life (8-10 hrs). I have Dropbox installed as well, which doesn't seem to impact battery life much at all, even with an extremely fast refresh/rescan rate (typically less than 30 sec). When I have BTSync running with a similar refresh rate, it kills the battery in around 4 hrs.

Don't get me wrong, I love BTSync. It is certainly the direction I wanted sync services to go, rather than leaving sensitive data on an 3rd-party server somewhere. I love the new features of 2.0, but the battery issue is still a problem for me. I typically have to terminate BTSync when I'm not actively using it, just to conserve battery life.

I hope power use optimization is still considered a priority issue for the developers.