Problem With First Sync

I have 2 Synology Diskstation 212J boxes (one at home, one at work.) I wanted to sync work files to the box at home for safekeeping. I installed BTSync via package center.

Yesterday morning, syncing began. I'm at work, so I'm distracted and working. About 20 minutes later, I access the work nas via windows explorer (like I do a hundred times a day) in order to find a customer's art for printing.

The folder I navigate to is empty, and it shouldn't be. Worried, I check a few other foldes and they are also empty. I immediately stop BTSync on the work nas and explore some more. All of my folders are there, but they are all empty.

I notice that BTSync created a new directory called ".sync" and iin it there is a folder called "archive". There is a partial collection of folders in there, but no files within them.

Surely my decade's worth of artwork hasn't been deleted, right? It's got to be somewhere.

How does BTSync work? Where may it have stashed my files? I'm in over my head and very concerned. (I made a hasty, panicked post yesterday but I wanted to create this one anyway now that I am calmer.)