"out Of Sync" + Permission Denied

hawkman

I am running the latest btsync on a WD MyBook Live. I have a directory of about 1000 files which I have set up as a read-only peer to two other read/write peers. It isn't working since the latest upgrade. I was getting a message on the UI saying "out of sync" but it wasn't syncing, so I deleted the share and recreated it with the read-only key.

Now that it is very slowly indexing, I'm still getting "out of sync" and if I look at the log file, I see the following messages for each file as it appears to be indexing them. Can someone help me understand what's wrong here? 

[20141209 08:46:43.276] Error: /DataVolume/shares/Public/<filename> - PostDownload: Permission denied

[20141209 08:47:43.235] TorrentFile: unloading torrent by timeout

The permissions on the files are:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody share <filesize> Apr 19  2007 /DataVolume/shares/Public/<filename>

Thanks!

Everything on the WD MyBook Live runs as root, so I don't think that's the problem... unless root could somehow not have access? The permissions (above) seem to indicate that it does.

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                            

1656 root      20   0 87680  19m 6272 S 88.4  7.7 730:05.10 btsync

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem:

[20150529 17:11:11.724] TF[FB7B] [0xaf2f08d0]: Error: myfile - PostDownload: Permission denied (13)

and

TF[FB7B] [0xaef20388]: unloading torrent by timeout

in LAN on (Raspberry PI):

Architecture: armv6l

Byte Order: Little Endian

CPU(s): 1

On-line CPU(s) list: 0

Thread(s) per core: 1

Core(s) per socket: 1

Socket(s): 1

and bittorent sync 2.0.120.

This folder was sync with my laptop, then I had to change key and, with the same file, now I have these errors.

Raspberry folder is only read folder.