Btsync Not Syncing

krtaylor

BTSync has stopped working entirely, without warning.  It says it's linked, it claims things are synced (mostly), but they're not.  When stuff changes, nothing happens.

On several of my syncs, BTSync can't make up it's mind whether there are no peers (not true, the peers are on and if you click on the peer list, they show in there just fine), or "Out of sync" but it makes no attempt to transmit data and get things up to sync.

This is the worst possible sort of bug for this kind of program, a silent fail for something you're depending on for backup.  I think I've lost a fair bit of data because of this.

I do have logfiles but your forum software won't let me upload them and I think they are too big to email.  Previously I've sent logs via BTS itself but since it isn't working I don't think that will do any good.

Running 1.4.103, which seems to be an enormous step backwards in every way from 1.3.  I wish I'd kept a copy of the install file for that one.

I'm happy to help debug as I have in the past, and I already have collected some log files.  I just don't know how to get them to you.  In the past I just set up a BTS share with you but with BTS not working I don't think that will work this time; they are too big to email, and your forum software also thinks they are too big to post.

It seems that a lot of people are having similar problems, is another version expected out soon that will fix some of this?

I just don't know how to get them to you.  In the past I just set up a BTS share with you but with BTS not working I don't think that will work this time; they are too big to email, and your forum software also thinks they are too big to post.

If your log files are too big to email, try ZIPping or RARing them first.

Also, consider reducing the size of your log (via the advanced log_size setting)

You can email your logs to syncapp@bittorrent.com, or alternatively, visit http://syncapp.zendesk.com/ where you'll be able to attach/upload your file from your browser