Sync File Filled Up C Drive

patoka

the sync file in my \Users\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent Sync folder is 49 gig.

What do you mean by the "sync file"? The sync.log file, or the entire folder contents of your %appdata%\BitTorrent Sync folder?

If you're referring just to the log file, have you ensured that you've not had Debug logging enabled by mistake?

1. How can I set a limit on this?

You can limit the size of log files generated by Sync through the advanced "log_size" setting.

2. Can the BitTorrent Sync folder live on a different drive? I can move the entire roaming folder in Win 8, just wondered about the sync data only.

Sync's data is store in your Window's %appdata% path.

If you relocate your entire %appdata% folder in Windows to another drive then yes, otherwise, no.

I attached a screen print of my app data folder, the file is sync, windows says it's a text file.

Debugging is on, not by mistake but because I have had at least 2 and maybe 3 instances of entire folders being emptied of Alpha 5 data. All settings in advanced prefs are now at default. Sync trash ttl was at 90, I think that may have been the culprit.

I used the move feature to put my roaming folder on a separate drive.

post-29008-0-98249100-1419208307_thumb.j

patoka,

1) You may delete that sync file (text document which is 53 Gb).

2) Then go to sync settings -> Advanced -> More options and check 'log_size' parameter. As GreatMarko says, by this parameter you may limit the size of that file. By default it's 100. If yours is not, click "Reset", see it change to 100, and restart Sync. 

Trash_ttl indicates the number of days that Sync keeps files in Archive folder.