Permissions For Readynas 316?

Hey there everyone!

I'm attempting to sync between a pair of ReadyNAS 316s. They're each running firmware v6.2.1 and using BitTorrent Sync v1.4.103.  Within BTSync, every time I try to add a folder, the "Add" button on the "Add Folder" dialog box is grayed out with the mouseover text "You do not have permission to write to this directory".  Could you please explicitly specify what permissions I need to change to make this work?  Am I changing the Windows SAMBA permissions or am I required to SSH onto the box to change the perms on the NAS's native Linux OS itself?  I'm a little confused as this seems like it shouldn't be an obstacle that's necessary to overcome for new folders that I JUST made...  I must be missing something.  Thanks in advance!

MindMusic

• 3 months later...

Apparently I'm required to SSH into each NAS and "chmod -D 777 <share>" each directory I want to sync... odd that there's a web interface provided that is useless on it's own without SSHing in... <shrug>  Works now.  Thanks anyhow all... hope this is useful to someone else.

I'm actually having this issue. I loaded it up and now it says "You do not have permission to write to this directory." I'm on a Raspberry Pi and I'm writing to write to a USB stick. Any suggestions? I went in and did a "sudo chmod 777 *" but that didn't help. 

When I telnet in, I have access to the directory and I can make files in it... Hmm... 

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

btsync%20error1.png

I formatted it in fat 32 this time, and same thing:

btsync%20error2.PNG

Update: In the end it had SOMETHING to do with the file system. I formatted it in ext4 and that was that. Easy. Now, for some reason, I have to raspberry pis listed in my devices. How can I delete one? I don't have access to it anymore in that sense. Is there a way to force remove it?