Detect When A Hard Drive Is Present And Sync Then

jedispara

I'm going to be in the situation where my primary machine is a laptop (mac). Now I have more data than will fit on it, and I want to use Bittorrent sync in tandem with a NAS. But I won't always have the laptop plugged into the external hard drive at the desk.

Is there a way to have it so that bit torrent sync will only sync when the external hard drive is plugged in (AKA at home base and not on the road)?

Cheers and TIA.

Is there a way to have it so that bit torrent sync will only sync when the external hard drive is plugged in (AKA at home base and not on the road)?

hi,

i have tested that scenario with my laptop running at linux with the package btsync-gui by tuxpoldo ( http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/28106-linux-desktop-gui-unofficial-packages-for-bittorrent-sync/ ), but i think the behaviour of the core is the same.

it is working with my settings, but i had to keep in mind that when there is an active transfer to that or from that plugged storage i can not unplugged it safe via the OS because i got an errormessage that a programm is locking that device. after the transfer was over, i was able to unplug the storage. but at the webpage (http://localhost:xxxxx) the folder was still listed as active until the interval was over which was set for the parameter "folder_rescan_interval" (default: 600s) at the config-file. after that interval that folder was listed with the information "Folder not found" until the storage was plugged in again

perhaps somebody with a mac can verify that behaviour at his os ;-)

greetings