Add Sync To "share" Menu (Android)

flamman

Syncing an image works fine on my Android smartphone, when from inside the Sync app I add and select a file. I'd prefer if I could do the same from inside my Gallery. So when I look at a picture I want to sync, I do not need to remember the filename, but I can tap the little "share" icon and Sync is included in the list of apps, alongside Twitter, Facebook, Gmail or Whatsapp.

Edited by flamman

• 5 weeks later...

It doesn't need much work..

Something like this already does it:

#In a ("NameOfMyActivity") Activity file:Intent intent = getIntent();Bundle extras = intent.getExtras();String action = intent.getAction();if (Intent.ACTION_SEND.equals(action)) {    if (extras.containsKey(Intent.EXTRA_STREAM)) {        Uri uri = (Uri) extras.getParcelable(Intent.EXTRA_STREAM);                #do something with it (in this case print the path of the file to be shared to the screen)        Toast.makeText(this, "Selected File :" + uri.toString(), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();    }}#In the AndoidManifest:<activity android:name="NameOfMyActivity">    <intent-filter>        <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND"></action>        <data android:mimeType="*/*"></data>        <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"></category>    </intent-filter></activity>