[Solved] The Empty Folder Keep Coming Back When Deleted In Synced 3 Devices

anyone

I had a windows desktop and 2 android pads been synced for 1 folder with BTsync.

I add some folder (with files) on desktop BTsync folder, and these will auto be synced with other 2 android pads, which is worked very good. 

eg:

BTsyncRootFolder\sampleSyncFolder

BTsyncRootFolder\sampleSyncFolder\file1

BTsyncRootFolder\sampleSyncFolder\file2

BTsyncRootFolder\sampleSyncFolder\file3

but problem is when I delete the folder (and the files in it), an empty folder keep coming back,

eg: 

BTsyncRootFolder\sampleSyncFolder

the only way I can get rid of this is I have to manually delete these empty folders from each devices. which is I believe BTsync wasn't designed working in this way.

Searched the community, seems I am the only one met this problem?

If anyone can help me with this? Thank you.

Are you using full access keys, or read-only keys across your 3 devices?

Thanks give me the hint, i try to delete the Sync folder and add back again from the 2 Android devices, and make sure they all had full access. Now seems the empty folder stop coming back. 

I must missed to use full access in one of the android device. 

Thank you for your help. 

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, this hint didn't work for me.

my settings in Android, my settings on desktop, even one more advanced setting - nothing helps: when I delete folder on my desktop - it continue to reappear as empty on both desktop and android...

is there any solution?.. very annoying...

Edited by Jan Cherniak
spellchecking

@Jan Cherniak,

Apparently you phone cannot delete the subfolder from its file system. Where the folder is located ? is it sd card? check permissions there, and make sure that the folder is not help by the player, for example.\

Try deleting it from the phone(file manager, not Sync UI!), see if this will be synced to PC.

If not, please collect the log from both peer and send to support. Instruction is here. Thank you. Make sure that you run v 2.3.6 on desktop and 2.3.5 on the phone.

Jan, 

It's iether in file manager (how to do it exactly depends on the manager's settings, just check permissions in folder/files preferences), or in a Terminal for Android (you can use either from google play, command 'ls -al /path/to/the/folder'. 

Or, connect the SD to PC and check there. 

then please send the debug logs: 

On 4/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, Helen said:

Try deleting it from the phone(file manager, not Sync UI!), see if this will be synced to PC.

If not, please collect the log from both peer and send to support. Instruction is here. Thank you. Make sure that you run v 2.3.6 on desktop and 2.3.5 on the phone.

Thank you!