User Account Control (Uac) Prompt, Limited User

cursor

Hi all,

Any way to prevent BitTorrent Sync from displaying a UAC prompt at each logon?

I have a limited user account set up on my parent's PC and I can't have this popping up on each logon.

BitTorrent Sync 1.4.106 Beta

Windows 7 x64

Thanks!

For clarification, the UAC prompt is asking for the PC's Administrator password, which I certainly DO NOT want my parents to know. If I cancel the prompt, BitTorrent Sync still launches and runs normally, which leads me to believe that this UAC prompt is not necessary for normal operation of the software.

cursor,

Could you check what is written in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BitTorrent\Sync\Revision" key for the user with restricted privileges?

If there is no such key, then we know about that issue and will fix it in future updates.

Now as workaround you can create "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BitTorrent\Sync\Revision" key with "0104006a" value.

• 2 weeks later...

cursor,

Could you check what is written in the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BitTorrent\Sync\Revision" key for the user with restricted privileges?

If there is no such key, then we know about that issue and will fix it in future updates.

Now as workaround you can create "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BitTorrent\Sync\Revision" key with "0104006a" value.

As I read this, I should create a key and give then create a value? But what kind of value is needed (String, DWORD etc)?

Hey there.

The registry key used to work properly for a couple of days now.

I just upgraded to the lastest version, which is 1.4.110. That one either already comes with this key or didn't overwrite it. Either way, the registry key is in place just like it was during the last week but 1.4.110 just keeps prompting the UAC window.

Any hints?

Regards,

Stephan.

• 1 month later...