Crashes Seconds After Starting

nergar

Hello,

I am running windows 7 64 bit up to date, I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions but every time I start btsync.exe it crashes.

I have tried reinstalling, rebooting, without succes, any ideas how to troubleshoot? I tried running from cmd.exe hoping I would catch an error message but nothing.

Thanks

Your crash is most likely due to having installed both x86 and x64 builds on your device.

You'd be best to uninstall both copies of Sync from your system, and also manually remove the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files from %appdata%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync folder, then perform a fresh install of either the x86 or x64 version of Sync.

Reinstalling alone without also removing the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files can cause problems when switching between x86/x64 versions, so make sure you also remove this folder.

If the above doesn't resolve your issue, please try the above again, but this time remove the entire %appdata%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync folder before reinstalling.

Note: Removing the %appdata%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync folder will mean that any shares you'd previously had defined in any earlier version of Sync you were previously running, will need setting up again, which is why in the first instance, just try deleting the settings.dat and settings.dat.old files from this folder. If you want a completely "fresh" install though, consider deleting the entire %appdata%/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync folder first.

ok, this is my fault for not explaining well enough,  I had the 32-bit version and I managed to transfer one folder. After some days when I wanted to set up a new I started having the issues so I had to remove using the uninstaller (clicked removed settings), rebooted and got the 64 version, 

I thought that had solved the issue but after the first folder finished transferring, I started having the same issue, the app would crash and wouldn't let me do anything.