...compatible To Sbs 2003?

KUHoepcke

Hello, I was searching a Software to synchronize two directories. I read a description on "http://www.heise.de/download/bittorrent-sync-1191510.html" and it seemed to be just that software, wich i was looking for. So i wanted to use it on

• Windows 7 ultimate,
  • Android tablet, and
  • Windows Small Busines Server 2003.

First, i tried to install in on the server. But whatever I tried, I was not able to start "bittorrent_sync.exe"!

So i looked again the description on that heise-web-page and i found the following katalog:

"Betriebssysteme:Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Linux, Mac OS X/Intel, iOS, Android". My sbs2003 wasn't in that list. Is that the reason, why i'm not able to install it? In the past, i was able to install software on the sbs2003, if it was possible to instal it on XP or Vista...

Is there anyone here, who can help me by answering my question?

Thanks a lot.

Greetings from northern Germany: Kay-Uwe

The current builds of BitTorrent Sync 1.4 are compatible with Windows 2003.

If nothing happens when you click on the installer you've downloaded to your server, it's likely that it's been blocked by your server (as it originates from an unknown source - i.e. the internet). Simply right click the file, select "Properties", and click "Unblock" - you should then be able to run the installer.