Latest Desktop Build 1.4.110

RomanZ

Dear community,

Sync 1.4.110 is now available on download site. Here is direct link. It is available via auto-update since 2015 Feb 18!

Change log

- Fixed issue with Sync hanging due to invalid filename characters
- Fixed issue with Sync preventing HDD from sleeping on NAS*
- Fixed some incorrect localization text
- Fixed issue with confusing old and new filenames in history when renaming

- Added new advanced parameter for Linux - config_save_interval

- Minor fixes and changes
- Remove asterisks in return values of “get_prefs” API call
- Fixed sporadic Out-Of-Sync issues**

* To allow NAS sleeping when Sync is running set folder_rescan_interval, config_refresh_interval and config_save_interval to some significant value, for example - 3600 (seconds). Also fully disable logging by creating "debug.txt" file in storage folder containing "0000" (four zero symbols).

** The "Out-of-Sync" issue has a number of root causes and we know that not all of them are addressed at the moment. Link to the topic dedicated to fixing the issue is below.

Full change log history can be found here.

Important Notes on Sync 1.4
Downgrade to 1.3 is not possible after installing Sync 1.4.
(If you wish to downgrade - please uninstall Sync removing all settings, then install 1.3 and configure all folders from scratch)

Important Notes for Sync 1.3 Users
Windows XP and Server 2003 clients using Sync 1.3.x will not receive auto-updates to 1.4, but can still update to 1.4 manually.

Known issues
- UI is tiny on high resolution displays [Workaround]
- Sync may continually re-index SMB shares [Discussion]
- Checkboxes once selected may move out of alignment on OSX Yosemite [Discussion]

- Certain models of Android mobile devices cause deleted files to return with 0-size

- Sometimes Sync gets stuck with out-of-sync state [Discussion]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello RomanZ, thanks for the update !

Sadly i'm still facing some issues with files to 0Ko wiht this version ... any luck this will be fix in a close release ?

Regards,

I too have noticed files being zero byted. Was saving files in Paint Shop Pro just then, and they save fine. Then a few seconds later they turn into 0 byte files.

To expand on this, it doesn't seem to effect RO shares, only RW ones.

*edit* Have just sent debug log files of it occuring to syncapp@bittorrent.com.

What about "config_refresh_interval" and "config_save_interval", as per the instructions in the first post in this thread?

That wasn't there some days ago ...

Now testing with:

"folder_rescan_interval" : 86400,  "config_refresh_interval" : 86400,  "config_save_interval" : 86400,

@zeropluszero

Are there any Android devices in your mesh? If yes - does the issue reproduce when they are offline \ sync is off?

@rockhill04

This build should not introduce / trigger any OOS issues, I presume it is coincidence. Can I get your debug logs for analysis?

@hurik

Let me know if it sleeps well. This is an old issue and I want it to get resolved. Our Syno in lab slept well several hours - until other peers awoke it.

@zeropluszero

Are there any Android devices in your mesh? If yes - does the issue reproduce when they are offline \ sync is off?

@rockhill04

This build should not introduce / trigger any OOS issues, I presume it is coincidence. Can I get your debug logs for analysis?

@hurik

Let me know if it sleeps well. This is an old issue and I want it to get resolved. Our Syno in lab slept well several hours - until other peers awoke it.

No android devices in the mesh, only some windows (7 and 8). As NZTH, i encounter this only with picture files (PSD, JPG, PNG, and so on ..) This is really annoying, destroying some files randomly (not sure).

@zeropluszero

How random is this? Reproduces once a day, week, month? I'd prefer to get debug logs to see the root cause, but if the time from moment it reproduces to moment when you notice that is way too big, it would be hard to capture it in logs.

It is quiet random, i cannot succesfully reproduce it ... As soon as i can i'll transmit a log, hopping containing some useful informations.

regards,

I've emailed logs of

@zeropluszero

How random is this? Reproduces once a day, week, month? I'd prefer to get debug logs to see the root cause, but if the time from moment it reproduces to moment when you notice that is way too big, it would be hard to capture it in logs.

If it is the same problem I'm having, then I've sent logs of it occuring to syncapp@bittorrent.com - request #18530. Just saving a file in Paint to a synced folder seems to be enough to trigger it for me. The file is truncated to 0 bytes, the last modified timestamp is removed, and the in-tact file is moved to .sync/Archive.

is this available for dlink, (dns-320l) currently running 1.4.103 or so the log tells me. how do I update?

I am experiencing the nas sleep issues on my device.

will it auto update at some point? I have check for updates = true in my config. so If im correct it should update itself automatically when it's made available?

thanks

Edited by calvyb

Hi All,

Just like to report in with positive news on my front.  1.4.110 installed on my two peers and all seems to be working as well as can be expected.  I note that there is a slightly longer delay on the GUI reporting following the edit/save of my spreadsheets and other office docs - but they get synced and the GUI (currently) reports all of this correctly.  I am having a few issues with 'out of sync' 'no peers online' BUT....I am now suspecting this is down to my use of VPN's as I am in China.  What is currently useful is that I am able to identify the errant files by checking peers - and my issues are generally around new files added that are stuck.  Exit app, turn off VPN and reentry of the program on the 'master' side where the files were added has cleared this for me successfully every time, hence my suspicions around the VPN (and me being in China)  I have yet to play with V2.0.... but given the reports coming in on this I will give it a few more weeks before diving in!  Keep up the solid work guys, I THINK V1.4 is ALMOST there :-) I am nearly ready to add #3 peer as a read-only backup - last time I did this it all went horribly wrong!

@calvyb

Your Dlink NAS has ARM CPU, so just grab appropriate binary and replace it (Sync should be shut down of course). Note that you'll need to set certain preferences to make HDD sleeping (see topic starter for details).

@colinabroad

Keep me updated. And as peer #3 usually introduces some issues - just in case - keep debug logs on :)

Have updated sync to 1.4.110 and added the 3 lines to my config file so it looks like this

{

"storage_path" : "/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/BitTorrentSync/.sync",

"check_for_updates" : true,

"use_upnp" : true,

"webui" :

{

"directory_root" : "/mnt/HD/HD_a2/",

"listen" : "0.0.0.0:39426"

},

"folder_rescan_interval" : 86400,

"config_refresh_interval" : 86400,

"config_save_interval" : 86400

}

Is this correct? As I am noticing my nas still keeps waking up a few minutes after going to sleep. I have disabled all other addons on my device. (transmission and minidlna) and my device is still having problems sleeping. Is there a problem with my config? I believe the file works as NasIP:39426 does work and brings up the web gui but the device still doesn't sleep.

any suggestions?