How Do You Monitor A Sync Host?

Dan-Schein

Have 2 hosts on my LAN (1-windows, 1-iomega NAS).  Often the clients will only see the windows host until the Sync service on the NAS is restarted.  As a result want to configure a monitoring tool to alert when either host goes offline.  

Currently have limited monitoring by using telnet (each host has a static - manually configured port) to check for a connection.  However when the NAS stops working, telnet continues to connect making this check ineffective.

Suggestions?

Well, you could potentially utilize the get_folder_peers call of the Sync API to regularly monitor the number of peers connected from your own program/script, and if this number drops to zero it's a safe assumption that the other device(s) you're syncing with have either gone offline or Sync isn't running on them

Never knew this existed - thanks!

Regardless of the function I try, the NAS returns "invalid request".  Even for something as simple as  http://192.168.x.x:8888/api?method=get_os    :( 

Never knew this existed - thanks!

Regardless of the function I try, the NAS returns "invalid request".  Even for something as simple as  http://192.168.x.x:8888/api?method=get_os    :( 

Have you applied for and received an API key? Hint: Click the "Request API Key" button on this page. You will be unable to use the API without a valid API key