3 Way Sync?

kelemvor

Just looking for the best way to setup a sync between 3 computers.  We currently use Microsoft's Synctoy to sync photos from Laptop 1 to my Media computer and then from the Media computer to Laptop 2.  This is all manual and has to be done in 2 steps.

I'm investigating changing this to BT Sync which I assume can connect these computers to each other.  Does 1 computer have to be the "Master" computer or will they all be treated as separate devices.  Mainly if I upload my pictures to Laptop 1 I want them all to go to Laptop 2 and the Media computer.  Also, if I upload pictures to Laptop 2 I want them to go to Laptop 1 and the Media computer.  Just not sure how this works when you have more than just 2 computers.

Thanks for any advice.

If you give all the computers a read/write key, when anything is changed on one, it will sync to the others.  

Alternately, if you give your master computer a read/write key, and a read-only key to the others, anything you change on the master will sync to the others, but anything changed on the others will not sync back to the master. 

I want to be able to offload photos onto either laptop 1 or laptop 2 and have the files go to the other 2.  The media computer just sits in the basement and doesn't do anything.  So I guess I should just use r/w keys on all 3 and I should be good to go.

Any major differences between 1.4 and 2.0 that I would want to consider using 2.0 for this?

Thanks.

Any major differences between 1.4 and 2.0 that I would want to consider using 2.0 for this?

Yes, 2.0 doesn't use keys/links by default anymore (although it can maintain backwards-compatibility with 1.4 folders) but rather 2.0 uses certificate based sharing instead.

More information on the exact feature set of Sync 2.0/Sync 2.0 Pro, and differences/improvements over 1.4 will undoubtedly be released in the coming days...