.sync/archive Functionality.

j2b

Another issue, I wanted to find out, what is intended .sync/Archive folder functionality. According to preliminar tests (default BTsync installation on workstation (win) and linux server).

i) Folder is synched, and content is 1:1 in all visible folders on both machines.

1. If I delete a file from synched folder on Workstation, it get's deleted from this workstation. And it's not in .sync/Archive folder of the workstation.

2. Looking @ linux server, deleted file is in .sync/Archive folder on linux server and can be recovered.

3. Deleting file on Linux server, the same result - it's not in Linux .sync/Archive, but it is visible in .sync/Archive of worsktation.

By this situation, there's no way to recover deleted file from .sync/Archive, without other party's operations. E.g., if I accidentally delete file from workstation, I can not recover it by myself, and have to introduce operator of linux server, to move or copy file back to particular location on linux server, and vice versa.

Is this intended behavior? Or there might be a way, to sync .sync/Archive folder too? Latter would allow to recover deleted files by myself.

Another question: Does sync_trash_ttl gets synched between devices, or it's per host settings? If it's per host, are there means to centrally control this parameter?

Appologies for bringing this up again. It has been discussed here before, including myself :)

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/24646-sync-archive-not-working/#entry92432

Yet, are there any changes in this functionality planned, and the question of sync_trash_ttl settings - remain.

Is this intended behavior?

Yes - deleting a file from device A will not move the file to .sync/Archive on device A, the corresponding file on other devices you're syncing with however will be moved to .sync/Archive on those devices. This is correct, and intended, behavior. (as it's assumed that when you delete a file from device A, it ends up in the OS's own Trash/Recycle bin, so there's no need to Sync to also retain a second copy on that device)

Another question: Does sync_trash_ttl gets synched between devices, or it's per host settings?

No - Sync's program settings do not synchronize between your devices - they are "per device" settings

Yet, are there any changes in this functionality planned

Not to my knowledge.