Unable To Start Installer On Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Xi4

Hello everybody,

I wanted to set up Sync on both my Windows Server 2012 and my Windows 8.1 computer to sync files with my future laptop.

I downloaded the Installer for Windows and everything worked fine on the Windows Server, but on my Windows 8.1 computer the installer does not even start, it creates a "nc" folder with the same executeable and a .dll file and repeats the same when executing that .exe.

Do I need to install something else before?

Greetz,

Xi4.

Xi4,

no,noting should be installed ahead. You just launch BitTorrenct_Sync.exe, in calls up a wizard, installs BTSync.exe and .dll in C:\Program Files\BitTorrent Sync (or whichever you choose) and a shortcut (if selected during install). Do you mean that in your case even wizard is not started? 

Can you please write to sycnapp@bittorrent.com with all the detail on from where you launch it, where you install it, a few screenshots? Don't forget to put the link to this topic inside your mail so that I knew where it comes from. Thank you!