Sync 2.0 Is Available

RomanZ

What happens if I buy pro, sync a hundred folders, and then then my sub expires?

do 90 of these folders suddenly stop syncing or get deleted?

personally this is what puts me off a subsctiption model. the idea things would stop working if my sub expired.

any answer to this yet?

any answer to this yet?

From http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/34298-private-identity-difference-between-free-and-pro/?p=100080

"Yep, identity is a part of free tier and My Devices folders are part of Pro. For the folder reconnection - you can always produce a link and reconnect it via link. In Sync Free new folders (and folders removal) are not distributed over My Devices - so you have to maintain it manually.

When the license runs out (Sync will warn you in advance) My devices won't longer sync new folders / deleted folders. Existing folders will sync with some changes: on-demand folders will turn into sync-all folders and will get paused. Also, user access control will not let you do any changes."

I am willing to PAY no problem at all, but this is a blackmail program in my view.

Installed version 2 cannot connect any folder with my NAS, simply no key that I can paste into the MAC app.

Get a QR code a COPY that creates something that I don't understand and that the NAS app does not accept either.

But then when I try to downgrade the mac app it does not work either.

If I cannot solve the issue within the next week I will drop out here and use the Synology Cloud App again because this is not serious to me.

Edited by balgenbruder

public (1) is the incremental named folder, as public already exists.

If you want to move folder to be v2 folder, instead of 1.4, then remove them from all devices, add to one, wait for config to sync to your other devices, then connect that folder and change the path

For me the upgrade came at a bad time at work.  I didn't realize it was such a major change when I 'updated BT Sync' as, in the past, it meant better security and stability.  I am totally confused by the new functionality. 

"Once all your personal devices are linked together – via a private identity – all of your shared folders are available to you,"

First of all, I read it as, 'all of your folders are shared and available to you.'  GREAT!  Wait.  WHAT?  NO!   I can't even change the location of where a folder is (I don't want the default, Windows/User/folder, but that's where it put it)  Then, what's the difference between a 1.4 and 2.0 folder?  And what's the migration?  I'm finding myself trying to replicate what I had before and getting all sorts of confused and worried when I need to work.  Total fail on my part, but WAY too eager of a pitch and push from BT IMO because of the new $$$$p-p-p-profit stream.  As I'm looking to forums and HELP, information is scattered, disparate and I can't tell between instructions for 1.4 and 2.$

Did a non-geek test this software? It is amazing how many bugs are included. I paid 39$ for a software that either does not deliver or fails to deliver without flaws. The iOS camera backup module stops syncing, the program produces lots of conflict folders though only 1 version of the folder to be copied exists, large files simply vanish into thin air, removing the program completely ruined my desktop layout (lots of files and folders were deleted). Maybe all of those errors can be avoided by telneting into  some magic debian linux programming environment and entering totally obvious and easy program steps and mounting tons of virtual disks and deleting registry lines... All of this is not my cup of tea, I want to use this program as a non-programmer in a professional environment. Looks like I have thrown my money out of the window. I am very disappointed. Looks like money can buy brains, as the (probably considerably better funded) guys from Dropbox have delivered a working program. Yes, I know that my files are on their servers, and yes, I feel kinda uncomfortable with this. But I rather have a file reliably stored on a Dropbox server than sent to data heaven with Bittorrent Sync. I have paid my share in funding you for a further year, wake up and deliver, otherwise not only I but a lot of others will have moved on.

Edited by Actron

@kevork

Then, what's the difference between a 1.4 and 2.0 folder? 

See this article

And what's the migration? 

1.4 folders will stay as is. Not upgraded, not changed. If you create separate identity for all your Sync instanes - it will behave as 1.4

I'm finding myself trying to replicate what I had before and getting all sorts of confused and worried when I need to work.  Total fail on my part, but WAY too eager of a pitch and push from BT IMO because of the new $$$$p-p-p-profit stream. 

It's not about the profit stream, but more about how mobile updates are organized. We have to push updates from technical point of view as iOS users can't upgrade their devices in other way (while for many Android users installing custom APK is way too complex).

As I'm looking to forums and HELP, information is scattered, disparate and I can't tell between instructions for 1.4 and 2.$

help.getsync.com. Let me know if some information you are looking for is missing.

@mobilediesel

Yes, only one new added - config_save_interval. See whole list here.

@Newuser

PM me the e-mail you used - I'll resend you your code.

@jeby

Pretty much like any other binary. Just make sure it has enough permissions to write storage folder and sync folders.

@Actron

Please contact me over "Contact support form" and I'll do my best to resolve your issue.

Just last month I was still stuggling with the "out-of-sync" issue and almost abandonded btsync. Now it starts charging already? Subscription? Not a dime from me before btsync wins all my trust!

I never thought about backing-up my dropbox folder, because I trust dropbox, and never had any problem with it either. Love it's versioning. My bysync folders? They have been nuked several times because of syncing issue out of blue!

For a buggy but convenient software like btsync, people are willing to do the "beta testing" for free. But charging such steep price at this point is suicidal. The beta testing is far from over IMO. There are numerous syncing software in the past that just vanished, and btsync is just a bit better than many of them...

Edited by yidengchn

Where is the 'latest desktop build' thread for this 2.0.085 (and later?)  version - should it not be pinned to the top of the list like the now unsupported 1.4.111 is ?

Please be patient - it is anticipated that a sticky "latest desktop build" for 2.0 will follow.

As I'm sure you can appreciate the support team are presently dealing with a high volume of support tickets since the initial 2.0 release last week and these have taken priority over producing a "latest desktop build" thread. The only changes between the initial .81 build 7 days ago and subsequent .82 and .85 builds have been bug fixes. As I say though, "latest desktop build" style threads for 2.0 are anticipated in due course.

RomanZ thank you for your reply.  Is there a user manual?  I'm going crazy trying to click through the help/faq.  Or at least if the titles a different color like in the 1.4 FAQ?  I've been using the app since alpha.  I never needed 'read only' until now.  I set several folders to read only and they can be written to.  Is there a way to make the folder itself read only?  Or at least not sync?  I've been looking for info on Read Only and I can't find it at help.getsync.com  Help Center, the way it's layout, gives me a headache after 10 minutes.  I know you're saying the push is for mobile, but it feels like too much, too fast.  I'm super confused who some of my files are not syncing now.

I really appreciate your response, but mobile is not enough for me to get this confused when 1.4 was working fine.  I'm gonna roll back to 1.4.

@kevork

See this article

1.4 folders will stay as is. Not upgraded, not changed. If you create separate identity for all your Sync instanes - it will behave as 1.4

It's not about the profit stream, but more about how mobile updates are organized. We have to push updates from technical point of view as iOS users can't upgrade their devices in other way (while for many Android users installing custom APK is way too complex).

help.getsync.com. Let me know if some information you are looking for is missing.

@colinabroad

Just published.

@kevork

There is no user manual - KnowledgeBase is intended to replace it. We are monitoring on what people ask and keep it populating. For the RO folders - when devices are united in "My Devices" mesh - they cannot be read-only. We are aware of this issue and will make it possible soon.

You can workaround it by kicking some of peers out of out "My devices" list.

I do really want to update to 2.0 pro, but I cannot find a clear and detailed "How To".

Here, for exemple, we have a nice "How to" about downgrading from 2.0 to 1.4; that can be usuful of course, but what about the other way round?

It's really simple - just install 2.0 over the top of 1.4. Your previous folders/settings, etc from 1.4 will be automatically imported into 2.0

• 3 weeks later...

2.0 slower than 1.4 on windows serveur 2012 R8 and on windows 7.

Since I upgrade in last version bittsync is very very very slow mainly on windows serveur 2012 : about 10-30 s per action (visible, clic on option, etc ...) sometimes it's unusable ...

If you have a suggestion

Thanks