"foldererror110" Message

@zeropluszero

The "foldererror110" message indicates that database connected to your sync folder is corrupt. Sync won't sync anything as working with corrupt DB may cause some unwanted effects - like, syncing older files over newer ones. DB can be corrupt if application crashes, improperly closed, etc. The quick fix for it is to re-add the folder.

Did you notice what was happening when the error popped up?

Thank you for this new thread. I didn't notice antyhing before that message, it happend only after the 2.0 upgrade.

I'm trying to re-add the folder, but it seems to bug on an endless 'folder is not empty" warning, preventing me to add again the folder.

I guess i can destroy entirely that folder, but it is quiet big, and i prefer to avoid resync the whole thing ..

I choose "deconnect" the folder, it asked me if i want to destroy the files into that folder, i choose "no", now the folder is still present

into the UI, but the icon of the folder is greyed (saying disconnected / classic folder).

I then select "manual connection" to re-add, paste my code, it asked if that is ok the folder is not empty, i select "yes", and it loop

endlessly on that question each time i select "yes", forcing me to choose "cancel".

I choose "deconnect" the folder, it asked me if i want to destroy the files into that folder, i choose "no", now the folder is still present

into the UI, but the icon of the folder is greyed (saying disconnected / classic folder).

I then select "manual connection" to re-add, paste my code, it asked if that is ok the folder is not empty, i select "yes", and it loop

endlessly on that question each time i select "yes", forcing me to choose "cancel".

Do this instead:

• Disconnect the folder.
  • Connect the folder using the same menu as the previous step. BTS will ask you for the folder path, choose the same one you had before.

BTW devs, I think there's definitely a good deal of confusion around connecting folders as opposed to connecting devices in an account. This is powerful stuff, but it's pretty tough to understand.

@zbigb69

Got you! Do you remember if anything special happened before you encountered the issue? Crashes, necessity to kill app as it hang, etc?

The error popped up for me on the Android app again after it froze on me several times and I had to Force Close.

The issue gets even worse: attempting to reconnect the folder after a disconnect does NOTHING for a long time, then creates a duplicate folder ...

Guys, as I've said in my previous posts, this is officially the worst paid software product I've ever used. I used to be a BTS fan but I can't recommend it to anyone now. I've never had something fail this badly at its core functionality. Please fix it.

@jdrch

Thanks for info. Could you please send me logs from your android?

Several Google searches and searching the knowledgebase for "Android log" produce instructions on how to find Windows and Mac logs only. Where do I find the Android ones?

Several Google searches and searching the knowledgebase for "Android log" produce instructions on how to find Windows and Mac logs only. Where do I find the Android ones?

Use the "Send Feedback" option within the Android App. When you submit your feedback, Sync will ask you if you wish to attach debug logs

I'm having the same issue. Follows my debug log, after trying to disconnect and connect again to a folder which had the 110 error.

I have 4 peers connected to the same folders, but only the one with "auto sync" turned on (running in an ARM platform) shows 110 error for all the folders associated to my user.

[13:27:58]  SF[140E]: Will try to find peer for file "/media/hd/Joao/Backups/Metalfisa/email/stamp"
[13:27:58]  SF[140E] [DE14]: Won't connect files, sync is paused or fc error
[13:27:58]  SF[140E] [DE14]: Connect files to peer, queue size 0
[13:27:58]  ScheduledTask:ConnectMorePeers invoked:immediately reason:OnFileWantsDownload

I also used to be a big fan of btsync, but this last release (2.0.85) really disappointed myself, in many aspects.

- You suggest to try out the PRO version, in such a way that there is no way of NOT trying it out.. I just dont want any PRO version, but anyway, I'm still in the tryout period of 30 days... :o

- You removed the access to share's KEY.. Only the link is available now, which passes through a bittorrent website. Why? Sounds like NSA impositions, to get access to all the encryption keys shared... ???

More bugs:

- After adding a new device (ARM device) to an user of mine, the screen freezes.. Have to restart it, only then it asks me if it should sync all or get disconnected.

- It starts syncing, but crashes after some 2 hours... For no apparent reason.

Should I downgrade?

Cheers.

João

Now, after restarting my system, I've noticed that the device I mentioned started to sync with my server, but now I can not access the web UI. Its blank and fully loaded, even after refreshing, without no waiting status or whatever.

It seems that its unable to fetch the UI, for some reason, although its syncing now, without the 101 error... Very awkward.

Hi, I have the same issue here: a large folder (>40GB) will always end ub with a "110foldererror". It used to be a 1.4 version folder, then I disconnected it, and set it up as a v2.0 folder. The error came up when it was a 1.4-folder (of course only wiht btsync 2.0), and after several disconnect and removal actions it still shows the 110foldererror.... 

This is somehow annyoing, as it synced ok with btsync 1.4

any chance to solve this issue?

@joaofl,

how do you launch Sync? with a config? Check 'storage_path' or .sync folder near binary for webui.zip and check its integrity. try moving it out and restarting sync, new one shall be created. 

What browser you use? Any chance to try another one? 

@STUBR.BS,

1) make sure you do not have any crashes on this device,

2) also make sure that you have enough free space on it

3) I'd suggest reinstalling Sync with deleting its settings from local storage (for each platform it's different). Since it's really looks like something is wrong with reading from and writing to database.