10 Folder Limit Sync 2

Alfy

To my knowledge its just 10 top folders, with unlimited sub folders. So in your case you're only using 1 folder of the 10 limit.

To back me up:

No, it will sync all 50 of your subfolders  :)

The limit is that you can add 10 folders to the free edition of sync - there is no limit on the number of files/sub folders within each of these 10 folders

• 2 months later...

After the automatic pro trial phase should now be over for most of the users, 

can you now definitely confirm that subfolders are not affected by the 10-folder limitations of the free version?

I tried to find the answer elsewhere but everyone is still just 'assuming' or 'guessing'. 

Also contacted the support weeks ago but never got an answer to that. 

If yes, and unlimited subfolders are possible, this "folder" terminology is really confusing to me. I'd prefer to name it a "share" or something similar. 

So, again in short:

-> unlimited subfolders possible?

Thanks for insights

can you now definitely confirm that subfolders are not affected by the 10-folder limitations of the free version?

I tried to find the answer elsewhere but everyone is still just 'assuming' or 'guessing'. 

If yes, and unlimited subfolders are possible, this "folder" terminology is really confusing to me. I'd prefer to name it a "share" or something similar. 

So, again in short:

Thanks for insights

When my trial was over, it worked just fine for 10 shares (with a large number of subfolders). This is also in the documentation:

Please also note that the free version of Sync 2.0 lets you synchronize up to 10 folders only. If you already have 10 folders in the free version of Sync and want to add one more, you'll have to remove one of the 10 folders in order to send and receive data for the new folder. This limit only applies to the 10 top-level folders visible in your Sync client -- there is no limitation on nested folders. You can remove folders by right-click on the folder in the folder view and selecting 'Remove.'

Source: http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal/articles/1904747-what-happens-when-my-sync-pro-trial-or-license-expires-?b_id=3895

So, again in short:

Thanks for insights

It doesn't apply to subfolders. You can share a folder that contains a million subfolders, and that will be one share, so far as the program is concerned.