[Solved] Btsync 2.0 Only Syncs Part Of Folder

MTDJassen

Hey there,

I am trying to sync my pictures folder on my laptop with a pictures folder on my FreeNAS NAS. Both are running BTSync 2.0 and both work actually beautiful for another folder I'm syncing. 

However when I try to sync my pictures folder, which evidently is ~150Gb (sorry this is in dutch)

PppNctd.png

It shows in BTsync 2.0 that this folder is only ~127GB:

srBdoeW.png

This 127 GB syncs perfectly to my NAS, but it just stops there. This issue was present in 1.4 and persists in 2.0. 

Anyone have a clue what's up?

Thanks. 

The folder size shown in Sync's UI will always differ from the folder size shown in your OS.

This is because the folder size shown in Sync's UI only takes into account the size of the data being monitored/synced - it doesn't take into account the size of its own hidden .sync sub folder (containing amongst other things, the folder's "archive" (deleted/revisioned files)), which your OS will take into account when calculating the total folder size.

Ok, well if the size of the .sync folder is only 8k, the other thing to check would be the exclusion rules (.sync/IgnoreList) - do any of these rules apply to the file names/extensions in the folder you're syncing, as this would also explain a size discrepancy between the folder size shown in Sync, and that size reported by your OS

Jesus, I feel really stupid but hey, let me clarify this for the remote chance that anyone will ever experience the same problem:

This particular folder which was synced both with BTsync and with Onedrive. Not every file was set to "Offline available" in onedrive. These files are calculated by the OS but aren't physically on the disk so BTSync can't sync them. After switching the whole folder to "Offline Available", BTSyncs count readily became similar to the OS's value. 

Sorry for wasting your time ;-)