Unable To Remotely Disconnect / Control Other Peers

Moe

Pretty straight forward.

It is not possible to unlink a device from the My Devices mesh if you don't have access to it.

I for my self just updated to the newest version and wiped all but one of my machines BitTorrent Sync installation directory.

Resulting in them now showing up as "duplicates" in the My Devices view after I reinstalled to the latest version.

In the longterm this could be an issue especially in an environment where you have a lot of wiping devices and reinstalling them.

This is true for the version 2.0.82.

Maybe one has some little nifty trick to actually unlink them remotely, if so please share you're knowledge.

I have been using the BT Sync since very early alpha.

I have just updated to 2.0.51 and I do not be able to control the peers correctly.

When I click the folder in question and the window shows 6 of 6 as a 'hyperlink' and I click on this then I am just shown the details for the peer that I am currently using. I am not able to change anything for the other peers.

Activity: synced with    Peer: rMBP- you    Permissions:Owner

when I click the little 'i' button it shows me details of all the other peers and that they are synced but nowhere I am able to change the status for each peer.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance.

Maybe one has some little nifty trick to actually unlink them remotely, if so please share you're knowledge.

Am I missing something?

You are not alone, indeed this is very misleading!

The documentation on Peer Management describes how you should be able to remotely disconnect peers and/or change their permissions.

I have sought specific clarification on this from the devs - and it would appear that this ability only applies to peers which are not part of your "My Devices" mesh.

For devices which you've added to "My Devices", there is currently no way to remotely disconnect and/or change permissions of your other peers.

Thank you for confirming this.

I run a pharmacy with seven iMacs with a Drobo at work and QNAP at home. Want BTSync running on servers and then to be able to share certain folders to computers at the pharmacy for the staff. But then have access on both mine and my wife's laptops.

How do you share to peer which is not part of your mesh? Is that by sharing the 'key' or whatever term it is?

Thanks for replying to my first question promptly too.

Andrew