2.0 Compatibility With 1.4

So, I feel like I am screwed. I had a similar setup, 1.4.111 running on a server, and now my iPhone is running 2.0. There seemed to be issues connecting to the server, and there was a dead device in Camera Backup list (which was I believe the previous instance of iPhone running 1.4.x sync). I could not get past the first screen when launching 2.0 post upgrade, could only link an existing or assume it was a new device. I did the new device just to get past that screen. I decided to unlink and uninstall everything and start fresh. Installed Sync 2.0 on iPhone, sent link to my email, and now when opening on 1.4.111 server, says I have to upgrade to 2.0. Please advise. I no longer have a working system, as my server runs Windows Home Server (Windows Server 2003) and 2.0 no longer supports that OS version.

I don't have an iOS device with me at the moment but my guess is that it's just the link that isn't backwards compatible. In android under advanced settings you can choose to use 1.4 keys instead of links. I would see if that's there on iOS and try to connect using the key.

Hi @kramttocs, thanks. In advanced setting, there is a setting to copy keys instead of links. I used the key that was copied from the Camera Backup on the iOS app, got it syncing to the computer running 1.4.x. I should note though, that the key copied from the iOS device Camera Backup feature is actually a read/write key. This is unexpected. I believe it should have provided a read key only. The iOS app does not reveal the read only key, but the 1.4.x software will. So, I removed the link, then added it again using the read only link.