Bitorrent Sync Start Minimized

I get excited everytime I see a new release thinking maybe, just maybe Start Minimized option will be added but it never fails, nope it's not there yet.  I don't get it, long ago when I first started using Bitorrent Sync before the big GUI change it had the option to start minimized then it was removed with whatever version had the big GUI look change.  Why in the heck would something so common to any application of it's type be removed, please explain?  I know there's a way to do it via registry supposedly but when I add it and reboot it gets removed for some reason.  There should be an option in the program itself to start minimized, it's quite crazy to me that it's not there especially when it used to be.  You don't just take an option away when you put out new versions, that's going backwards, I don't get why companies constantly do stuff like this.  /end rant  :angry:

why is there not an option under Settings for this like there used to be?

There never has been an option to start minimized in the "Settings" area. Are you perhaps getting confused with the "Start BitTorrent Sync when Windows starts" option?

Also as stated when I add that to my shortcut OR via the registry when I reboot it's gone, dunno why.

Have you perhaps got some software/system policies in place which reset and cause registry/desktop item changes to be discarded/reverted each time you login?

I'm sure there used to be an option in the settings to start minimized, if there really wasn't than I must be imagining things.  I know the old look version of the program used to start minimuzed and I don't recall manually modifying the shortcut or registry to make it do that, pretty sure it had an option.  And no this is my home laptop, no GPOs enabled that would cause anything like this.  

edit - I will go ahead and try it again, it's been a while since trying it probably about 6 months or so, I just updated to the new 2.0 this morning so maybe it'll work now, still should probably be added to settings, just a suggestion.

Edited by darkonex

Heh, checked my shortcut for BTSync in my Startup folder, it's already set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED  yet it's always starting full screen. 

In which case, you are attempting to start TWO instances of Sync.

For example, if you run ""C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED" once, Sync will start and be minimized.

If then whilst Sync is already running, you again run ""C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED", Sync's UI will open to draw your attention to the fact that Sync is already running.

So, the solution is to ensure that you 're not trying to run Sync twice (i.e. if you have a registry run entry AND a shortcut in your Startup folder, remove one of these)

• 9 months later...

In which case, you are attempting to start TWO instances of Sync.

For example, if you run ""C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED" once, Sync will start and be minimized.

If then whilst Sync is already running, you again run ""C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED", Sync's UI will open to draw your attention to the fact that Sync is already running.

This makes sense. But, can you help me with another problem?

I've noticed that Sync crashes every few days (my machine is always up). I thought an easy solution would be to create a scheduled task to start Sync every 15 minutes. However, as you mentioned earlier, this causes a second instance to attempt to start and pulls up the UI.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can solve my issue?