Uninstall Help Please (Osx)

tkdigicom

When I try to uninstall 2.0 I get the error message

'The item “BitTorrent Sync” can’t be moved to the Trash because some of its plugins are in use.'

I need to uninstall because it doe not work at all! Nothing 2.0 syncs! 

I've been using BTS since the 1 alpha, and was very happily using 1.4. I had to add BTS to a new machine today and it wouldn't sync anything! I upgraded my other machines from 1.4 which was still working to 2.0 and not nothing works!

And not I can't even uninstall.

Beta>Public :(

And to think I was going to pay for Pro, not because I need it, but because I wanted to support a great app. 

Make sure BitTorrent Sync does not run upon boot by going into the System Prefs -> Users & Groups -> Click on your account -> right windows click on "Login Items" tab and make sure to remove BitTorrent Sync if you see it there.

Restart your machine and try de-installing the application by dragging it into the trash.

Had the same problem, can't remember exactly what i did & its difficult now to recreate without re-uninstalling.

If i remember right, you need to open Activity Monitor.

Select the option "Memory" from the top menu.

Then type into the search bar sync.

I then force quit "Sync Finder Extension" & "CMFSyncAgent". (to force quit select the top right button with the X symbol)

Regards,

p.s. quit btsync first...

Thank you! That worked for me. :-)

me too - thanks 

When I try to uninstall 2.0 I get the error message

'The item “BitTorrent Sync” can’t be moved to the Trash because some of its plugins are in use.'

I need to uninstall because it doe not work at all! Nothing 2.0 syncs! 

I've been using BTS since the 1 alpha, and was very happily using 1.4. I had to add BTS to a new machine today and it wouldn't sync anything! I upgraded my other machines from 1.4 which was still working to 2.0 and not nothing works!

And not I can't even uninstall.

Beta>Public :(

And to think I was going to pay for Pro, not because I need it, but because I wanted to support a great app. 

yeah - 2.0 goes way off the reservation - I'm uninstalling it and going back to 1.4.

Archived