Adware

Do customers have your assurances you won't try something like this with BT Sync?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/6/8161251/utorrents-secret-bitcoin-miner-adware-malware

I'm sure there will be people defending the company by saying that users need to pay attention to what they're agreeing or installing. But a business that takes advantage of, and maybe even counts on, user's trust to sneak past adware is not a long term strategy. 

BT: I want to add that the one of the top reasons for many people who look beyond Dropbox, Box, or others is to find a solution that protect their privacy. 

When your company does something like this, it severely undermines your credibility. I'm walking the walk and have uninstalled BT Sync from my Mac and my NAS. 

BT: I want to add that the one of the top reasons for many people who look beyond Dropbox, Box, or others is to find a solution that protect their privacy.

When your company does something like this, it severely undermines your credibility. I'm walking the walk and have uninstalled BT Sync from my Mac and my NAS.

I couldn't agree with you more. I only had 8 folders to sync. But the principle of the matter is why I've installed syncthing today. It's a process to get the family to switch, but by Sunday, I expect not to have anymore BTSync software on my devices. I too am walking the walk.

This is my last visit to the forum.

Edited by GreatMarko
Remove personal attack

Christian here from the Sync team. Your concerns are understood, so allow me to share the following.

We take user privacy very seriously and have worked hard to ensure that Sync is a product that adheres to that principle.

The issue you refer to relates to a different product with a different business model and separate team. During the install of a uTorrent client there are partner offers made. These are strictly optional and it is false that silent installs have taken place. There has been a lot of misinformation posted in the last day or so and that team is working hard to address any and all concerns. But that is discussion more appropriate for those forums. You can read the uTorrent post on the issue here: http://blog.utorrent.com/2015/03/06/regarding-partner-offers/.

I hope that addresses your concerns. But of course, the proof is in the pudding. We hope you stay with us as we continue to prove we can build the best possible sync product for our users.