[Solved] Chrome File Type Registration Error .btskey File Picker

dmn001

After installing btsync 2.0 I have this problem.

Using Chrome and the ruTorrent gui interface I try to add a new torrent, and click choose file. It loads the open file dialog. However, the file type is default set to .btskey file.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/MTeM73a.png

I do not know what a .btskey file is, and why it has overridden the file association, instead of defaulting to "All files".

This bug started occurring only in Chrome and after installing btsync 2.0.

Thanks for any help in removing this.

I'm seeing the same issue with Bittorrent Sync 2.0. It only happens on some torrent sites though, not all.

Unistalled the program (with Revo Uninstaller) and also tried a reset of Chrome, but its still happening. 

Can someone please advise on how to fix this issue.

Just tried installing it in a clean virtual machine. Torrent files in chrome downloading as *.torrent, but after install of Bittorrent Sync 2.0 they download as *.BTSKEY files. very strange. 

Fixed it by uninstalling utorrent and then reinstalling again. some weird file association issue with bittorrent sync 2.0...will be uninstalling that permanently and going back to 1.4

• 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this.  It seems to be a registry setting in windows. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent

Change the 'Extension' value to .torrent.  Seems like an oversight on the part of the Sync devs reusing the x-torrent mime type for btskey files.