Hot To Disable Automatic Sharing Of 2.0 Folders Across My Devices

mdovey

I'm interested in the download on demand feature of BTSync 2.0 but not the automatic sharing of folders across all linked devices. I understand that the free version will disable both features.

Is there anyway to have the download on demand feature enabled but the automatic share of folders disabled in Pro?

The only other way I can think is to have a seperate identity for each device but that would make the license cost excessive.

Is there anyway to have the download on demand feature enabled but the automatic share of folders disabled in Pro?

Yes - don't use the "My Devices" feature, and share links for individual folders between your devices instead. Then turn off the "Sync All" option on each folder to facilitate "download on demand".

Yes - don't use the "My Devices" feature, and share links for individual folders between your devices instead. Then turn off the "Sync All" option on each folder to facilitate "download on demand".

Can you expand on this please?  With all the devices linked under the same identity I'm not seeing a way to not use the 'My Devices'.  As soon as I add a folder it shows on all of my other devices.

The only way I can see to not use the "My Devices" feature is not create a new identity for each individual device (as linking a device to an existing identity automatically adds it to My Devices) - but, as far as I can tell, if I do that, I will then require a separate Pro license for each device (I have five devices so the cost would be $200 per annum!).