License Question About Identity

To elaborate - the features comparison shows Pro as being licensed for business use. Leads me to think you could use one identity across the entire business. But the upgrade page had a link to buy more seats of using Pro. Leads me to think there's a cap on how many mydevices can be tied to an identity. Is there some more detailed doc on the whole seats thing?

The Pro license is per identity, so you would buy additional seats if you needed Pro features for multiple identities. See http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal/articles/1901266-sync-free-vs-sync-pro and http://help.getsync.com/customer/portal/articles/1901273-getting-sync-pro

That doesn't answer my question.

What if the whole company needs only one identity. Is this allowed?

The 2nd help article I linked to answers that question.

Thanks (I need to browse that help site more often).

In summary:

"To upgrade to PRO, you'll need to buy a license (aka seat). 1 license = 1 identity = unlimited devices under this identity. It means, when you buy 1 license (seat), you can use it with all of your devices, provided that all of them are linked to your private identity."

So depends on how much granular control you want in the sharing process as to whether you use the same identity or buy multiple seats.

1 license = 1 identity = unlimited devices under this identity.
It means, when you buy 1 license (seat), you can use it with all of your devices, provided that all of them are linked to your private identity.

That still doesn't answer my question.

"you can use it with all of your devices"

The devices are from employees (BYOD) or company devices. So the question is still unanswered.

This appears to be a straightforward question and I am confused as to why it has not been answered by the company selling the product.  I will attempt to do so on their behalf :mellow: just to put you out of your misery.

You CAN use one licence only as long as you 'register' each of the devices in the mesh with the same identity - this would seem logical for you to do with all your companies computers/tablets/phones.  Once you start adding your employees devices, again, you CAN add them to the mesh under the same single identity (I would argue that it is a company identity, not a personal one if you are sharing folders for work and so perfectly OK)  However, do you really want ALL your staff to see ALL the folders you are sharing on ALL devices (this is the default scenario with V2.0) If this scenario is OK then you will be good to go with one licence.  If (like me) you do not want everyone to see all the folders being shared then you will need a licence for EACH and EVERY different device.  Its how the software (currently) works, so not something that has a workaround (this is just MY knowledge, someone else may have a fix for this, but I have yet to find it)

Hope this helps you with your dilemma 0xDEADCODE