All Maps And Files Deleted From My Desktop After Deleting The 'desktop' Map From Sync

samuel6666

All my maps and files are removed from the desktop (start) when I was trying to delete the desktop map from sync. Anyone have any experience with this problem? There were a lot of important company files on the desktop map and now there are all gone!

I checked the archive, but couldn't find anything. Also the trash can on my computer is empty. Hope anyone can you help, because I got a big problem!

Thanks!

By "map", do you mean synced folder inside BTSync? If so, and if you removed/disconnected the folder from syncing inside the UI, nothing should have been deleted from the original folder with all your files in it, unless you are running the latest version of the public Sync 2.0 and checked "Delete synced files" while removing from BTS. But just to be sure, you've turned on 'show hidden files/folders' and looked in the /.sync/Archive folder? If nothing's in there or the recycle bin, you could try one of the many free file recovery programs out there, depending on what system you are running. That is if another file hasn't already written over them. Hope I helped.

However, if you mean you deleted some files from one peer accidentally but want them back, check the Archive folder on the OTHER peers, see if that works.

Or if I didn't understand your question at all, please define a "map" in this instance.

Thank you for your reply TrivisionZero. I installed Sync 2.0 yesterday to try it for filestorage. By mistake I selected the desktop folder (yes, I mean folder by map). So I deleted it. Sync deletes the folder from Sync itself but also from my computer. It's gone, not in the recycle bin, not in the archive folder. Just gone.

Is there a way to get all my files back without using recovery software? I thought Sync was an awesome program, but it f**ked up all my important files. It will cost me a lot of time and money to get things right. There were very important files on my computer for the tax collectors. Thanks Bittorent!

Sorry, but I still don't know why Sync would delete an entire folder just because you removed it from the program. The only thing I can think of is just to try a recovery software, but since you don't want to use it... That would be the only option, I think, but maybe an actual staff member could come in and help here.

Here are 18 free data recovery programs: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm