New Peers Connect, But Never Start Syncing (Btsync 2.0.85)

gl00mer

Here's a problem i ran into.

I've created a new folder i want to sync. (and shared the link: read & write, no peers have to be approved, link never expires).

Some new peers have got the problem, that they get connected to the shared folder, but never start syncing. Looking for the Details for the peer just has a blank page (see attached file).

Does anyone has had the same problem??

I'm a little bit clueless, i've never had those problems before with btsync...

//edit: the better topic would be "New Peers Appear, But Never Connect Or Start Syncing"...

btsync.tiff

• 1 month later...

Yes.Almost.

I had 1.4 on Lubuntu working with 1.4 on WIn 8, but stupidly upgraded to 2.0

Cannot connect the two ends, - it just spins forever saying "Connecting.."

It's in a complete mess.

Wasted hours on this crappy, user-unfriendly nonsense - I strongly advise that people avoid it.

I'm probably going to revert to something that is easy to get working (without loads of support or therapy).

And on top of that, I've noticed that when the software runs, I'm bombarded by constant probing packets from Amazon Technologies Inc., who obviously think I'm stealing something.

Aaargh.

I give up....

And on top of that, I've noticed that when the software runs, I'm bombarded by constant probing packets from Amazon Technologies Inc., who obviously think I'm stealing something.

You are too paranoid. The IPs are from the 52/11 subnet, which is owned by Amazon. However, if you look up the hostname of one of the IPs:

% host 52.0.102.230230.102.0.52.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ec2-52-0-102-230.compute-1.amazonaws.com.

you'll see that these are just Amazon EC2 hosts. In other words, Bittorrent Sync's infrastructure (trackers, etc.) is running on the EC2 cloud, like a gazillion other web services.

No 'probing packets'.

Some new peers have got the problem, that they get connected to the shared folder, but never start syncing. Looking for the Details for the peer just has a blank page (see attached file).

Is 'Sync All' enabled for the folder on the peer that does not start syncing? I think this is what you typically see when a peer is connected, but doesn't have 'Sync All' enabled (just selective sync). You can find out by looking at the folder details on the peer.

Edited by isalsowrong