It Simply Does Not Sync!

ciceroc

good(?) to hear, that others have same problem.....

found out, that

when i add files on the (master) device, which sent the share, it works

when i add files on the (client) device, which received the share, it doesnt....

the share is read/write... changing it to owner doesnt make a difference...

@all,

Each "Not syncing" problem needs investigation with details on how your devices are linked, what are these devices are actually, what networks they are in, and of course, debug logging from at least two (uploading and downloading) peers.

The difference between folder size on two peers may come, for example,  from "Sync all" feature - if it's disabled on target machine, no files will be synced there until you do it manually.

I would remove the folder from the devices, put all your eggs in one basket, delete the .sync data and add it again and see if that helps.  If not, maybe add it from the second device.   Do you have a complex ignore file or would your folder name/contents be something which may be getting picked up and ignored? Maybe an easier option just to test the theory would be to make a copy of the folder (if small enough), rename it,  delete the sync data and add it with its new name to see if the behavior is repeated.  You likely could set your computer to only connect to the folder with place holders and you will see in seconds if the files were distributed properly. 

Not really any concrete solution as I am a noob myself, but one thing I learned is to try to trouble shoot things in a way which eliminate variables and the .sync folder has been my problem more than once!!!

I just spent countless hours (likely about 10) trying to figure out my router/firewall issues sorted.  Was far to common of a problem yet so hard to solve due to lack of info.. so believe me i feel your pain!!!

yes, just wanted to post......

this worked for me:

- completely uninstalling the bt sync on win and mac device

- deleting the .sync folders ( "Tinkertool" did a good job to make hidden files visible on mac)

- installing new versions of bt sync

- now it recognized the differences and started syncing

tried that on windows only before, but didnt work, the problem were the hidden .sync folder on the mac....

thank u guys +djmatteo for help and participation..!