Use Over Internet Without Relay Server

skycryer

I want a max of security for sync so i do not want any data on bittorrent servers. I know i can disable per folder the relay server but is there a way to add my own relay server to get connection over web without any other server that are not mine.

I use BitSync 2.0 on Windows 7.

I use a btsync instance on my home server as kind of a relay.

Every client that cannot connect directly to another will always be able to connect to that server and sync with it and it will than sync with the other device.

Unfortunately you cannot disable relay server nor enter known hosts inside the android app, that would make it more private/secure.

Unfortunately you cannot disable relay server nor enter known hosts inside the android app, that would make it more private/secure.

It wouldnt make it any more or less secure since no traffic is routed through Bittorrent Inc.

The relay server just tells your client HOW and WHERE to find it's peers.

@Moe

Not exactly. The Tracker server tells everyone how and where to find peers. Relay server actually transfers data. Although, Relay server is just a backup plan for the case when peers can't establish direct connection. It is really slow comparing to direct connection.

@skycryer

While relay server cannot see any data bypassing as it is encrypted, there is still a way to ensure your folders are not using relay server. Just open your folder preferences and uncheck "Use relay server" option.