Synology Hibernate Error

My NAS (215j dsm 5.1) is woken up each 20 minutes by bittorrent sync (latest release 2.0).

I added to sync.conf  "config_refresh_interval", "config_save_interval" and "folder_rescan_interval" with high values but without effect.

After searching for a day in logs I found a pattern in the wake-up of the NAS and an error in the bittorrent sync.log. 

A few seconds after the following error (in the sync.log) the message "internal disk woke up from hibernation" is posted.

[20150311 22:26:38.156] UPnP: Device error "myIP:5000/ssdp/desc-DSM-eth0.xml": (-2)
[20150311 22:26:38.299] UPnP: Device error "myRouter:49152/description.xml": (-2)

What is causing this error and how could I solve this?

Thanx

Edited by alexx

• 1 month later...

Hi All, Just wanted to ask if anything else was mentioned about this issue, I do have the same issue with Harddrive being woken up every 20minutes. 

Synology: DS215j

Version: 2.0.105-1

Starting to use BTSync more and more, but would really like hibernation on the internal HDD on Synology, Dont like wear and tear, 

• 10 months later...

Dear RomanZ,

i am Standing at the beginning, so what i see is, i set Folder_rescan_interval to 86400, but inside the webgui, i see last synch 600s ago. This seems to me, that the Default Setting is used.

Anyway, i also set the other value to.

P.S.: if i open the Settings.dat via vi, i see my value 86400 inside, so something went wrong.

with regards

NaCkHaYeD

Edited by NaCkHaYeD

@NaCkHaYeD It is okay. Note, that your NAS peer keeps connection to other peers that still DO have 10 minutes rescan interval. So if they notice some changes - they'll let your NAS know and do actual Sync (and, of course, wake up HDD). So your HDD will sleep if nothing is actually changing also on other peers.

Dear Roman,

no other Peers doesn´t Keep Connection to me.

i installed the same Version of btsynch on both of my NAS Systems. Both are connected through a VPN Tunnel. On both Btsynchs i disabled "use relayserver", "use trackerserver", "search local lan". Only predefined host are enabled, where NAS 1 got IP of NAS 2 and NAS 2 got IP of NAS 1. So hopefully, i only have one bi directional communication through the VPN Tunnel.

If both btsynch running, everytime i got last synch after 10min, which seems to me, that my Setting of 86400s is ignored by the Default value of 60s

mfg

NaCkHaYeD

btsynch1.gif

btsynch2.gif

btsynch3.gif

• 4 months later...

@RomanZ

Dear Romanz,

I have recently bought a DS216j and installed Sync 2.3.8-1. I have the same issue as NaCkHaYeD, dstroy, and others : disk of my DS never goes to hibernation when Sync is active (while it does when Sync is stopped). I tried all the settings on the page you linked (older_rescan_intervalconfig_refresh_interval, config_save_interval, md_update_interval set to 21600, enable_journaling set to false, and "Enable debug logging" unchecked) but that does not work, the disk still never goes to hibernation.

Hope you can help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Dear Romanz,

did you also check the debug.txt. In my case, there was 8000000 instead of 0. This causes the hibernate failure at last.

At the Moment i am running the 2.3.7-1 Version of BTSync, on a DSM 5.2-5644 Update 5 (415play), DSM 5.2-5644 (115j).

I don´t really know at the Moment, if this is a normal, or a Special Version from April 2016.

with regards

NaCkHaYed