Does The 2.0 Pro Have The Devices Limit ?

@Senor loco - - Correct

@ Trevellyan  I do !

There is a complete difference between user, device and identity in the BTSync World. 

BTSyncs rules state that if you connect many Devices together under one Identity then you only need one licence for all the Users using that identity on all of the devices connected - as Senor loco identified.

I think this is a more clear statement than the ambiguous statement that Roman used using only the word user. 

If you wish to connect many devices together, but with different identities for each of the devices then you need a separate licence for each of those different identities - it matters not how many actual people are USING the software, it is down to how many devices are linked together under how many identities.

@all - for clarification, please refer to the Subscription EULA:

Your subscription shall cover the devices that you link under Your same user identity managed through “My Devices” within Your settings in the Software

It's not "one license per device", it's not "one license per user", it's "one license covering all the devices you link under a single identity"

@GreatMarko,

#1: I think you will find that is EXACTLY what I said! However, it is NOT what Roman is saying!!  So who is correct?

And, if one pays for the use of the software for a business is that identity the business and are all its devices that are linked together under that one identity OK for one license ?

This is a moot point, as the software has no idea how many people are using it as Hungarianhc has pointed out. 

@RomanZ - it would be impossible for you to police what you are suggesting as you (BTSync) have NO IDEA how many actual people are using one licence on many linked devices with one identity, please check again as it seems nothing is clear.  In fact, I am using the software with one license for both my business (that I own) and my own personal use, so should I have two licenses ?? :-)  I think not.

@all - for clarification, please refer to the Subscription EULA:

It's not "one license per device", it's not "one license per user", it's "one license covering all the devices you link under a single identity"

Thanks for the clarification. Also the EULA includes companies and legal entities in the term "yours", so it would seen to be one license for the whole company, as the legal entity would be the subscriber and company's entity, which is also the user (identity). Also it does not define what a "user identity" is, so if you just use the same identity on all machines inside the company, it seems to be ok.