Can Readynas Get A Little 2.0 Love?

BTSync 2.0 has been out as a stable release for the better part of a month. So why is the ReadyNAS platform, which is ostensibly supported, still "coming soon"?

As I've mentioned in another thread, I have a really hard time coughing up money for the pro version when every update of BTS for ReadyNAS so far has been supplied by a hobbyist from that platform's forums. We saw more timely official updates from the free 1.x line.

Even though no one is responding, it does look like there's been some progress on the BTSync 2.0 for ReadyNAS front.

The "Platforms > Other" page for BTSync still says "Coming Soon" under ReadyNAS. But if you go to the ReadyNAS OS 6 apps page and scroll down, you'll see that BTSync is listed at 2.0.85-1 for both X64 and ARM. You can then download the corresponding Debian installer for your model and manually upload it to your NAS.

Note that this semi-current version does *not* appear in the ReadyNAS GUI's built-in "Available Apps" section!

Once you've installed the app, you can toggle it "Off" using the GUI and connect via SSH/FTP to swap out the btsync executable with the appropriate 2.0.93 Linux desktop version. Then, if you're anal retentive, you can edit the config.xml file to reflect the new version. And don't forget to switch it back on.

It's a long walk, but at least it's something.

@striderbih

I've installed every update to BTSync 2.0 over previous ones since the first beta builds. I don't know if that's advised, but it's worked for me. Also keep in mind that I have a very simple setup: One folder with non-essential files synced across multiple devices.

You could stick with 2.0.85, but if you want to update to 2.0.93, it's possible by downloading either the Linux desktop x64 or ARM version and swapping out the .bin executable files over FTP.