Sharing Folders Manually The Same As Automatically In 2.0?

Mrath

I shared a folder in 2.0, which showed up and synced on my other 2.0 devices, except for one. I added that same folder manually on that machine, and now it works, also.

Is the end result the same when sharing folders manually vs automatically on 2.0, or is there something I should be wary of?

The automatic folder sharing between devices of the same identity is a feature of "My Devices" and only available in pro version.

You can disable the automatic adding to a device in the device details in My devices, so that the folders are disabled (gray) by default. Maybe you did that for the one device?

As far as I know there is no difference how you add a folder. If it's the same identity the folder should have the same permission (r/w, r/p, owner) as all your other devices.

I can't find an option to disable automatic sharing of folders, only that they are added in disconnected state by default, which I have enabled.

Folders are automatically "shared" (in disconnected/connected/synced state) to all devices listed under "My Devices".

To not have folders automatically appear on your other devices, you would need to remove these devices from "My Devices" and share folders with them through links instead.