How To Copy A Key Of 2.0 Folder

Nodefield

In Sync 2.0, how do I manually get a key for newly created folder?

I am only able to get a link to BitTorrent Inc. hosted URL, but not raw keys that I can transmit to someone else using more secure channels. Share URLs also do not work locations with limited access to public Internet.

You can't, as 2.0 folders don't use "keys".

What :blink: ? Don't use keys? How do you justify forced dependency to BitTorrent Inc. URL sharing as a security improving feature?

And what is the point for Sync 2.0 folders to have no easily shareable key? Isn't that *the* signature feature of Sync; anonymous peer to peer connectivity with simple keys. Keys that can be even shared with pen+paper, if necessary.

Are classic 1.4 folders outgoing feature or are they promised to be available in all future releases? Thats important question for many, I think.

In Sync 2.0, how would I physically get a key for recently made envelope?

I am just ready to get a connection to BitTorrent Inc. facilitated URL, however not crude keys that I can transmit to another person utilizing more secure channels. Offer URLs likewise don't work areas with constrained access to open Internet

What :blink: ? Don't use keys? How do you justify forced dependency to BitTorrent Inc. URL sharing as a security improving feature?

And what is the point for Sync 2.0 folders to have no easily shareable key? Isn't that *the* signature feature of Sync; anonymous peer to peer connectivity with simple keys. Keys that can be even shared with pen+paper, if necessary.

Are classic 1.4 folders outgoing feature or are they promised to be available in all future releases? Thats important question for many, I think.

Since there are no keys, there are no keys to be left in your clipboard or emailed to the wrong person. When you share a link you can specify when the link will expire, how many times the link can be used and that you want to approve all new peers before they can connect. So if you use these options correctly you can send the link over unsafe communications and still be safe. I would say it's a great security improving feature. I understand your concern about the 1.4 folder types, it isn't a dealbreaker for me but I also think it might be for others.

In Sync 2.0, how would I physically get a key for recently made envelope?

I am just ready to get a connection to BitTorrent Inc. facilitated URL, however not crude keys that I can transmit to another person utilizing more secure channels. Offer URLs likewise don't work areas with constrained access to open Internet

Well, did you create a 2.0 or a 1.4 folder? I assume you created a 1.4 folder since we established already that you can't on a 2.0 folder. Just enter preferences of the folder in Sync and you will see "View key".