Please Make 1.4 Folder Unlimited

Nulvas

Just registered to post this.

I have a rather special use case of BT Sync. A number of blogs battling online censorship is using BT Sync folders to distribute censorship circumventing software and banned books anonymously. For readers' convenience they are categorized and divided into different folders, since the total size is a bit overwhelming.

I have read about the difference between the 1.4 folders and the 2.0 folders, and how 2.0 folders are based on the new identity. Since 2.0 still supports 1.4 folder, I pledge, at least make those unlimited. Otherwise we would just be using 1.4 and not bother upgrading altogether.

Probably, because it's not actively developed anymore ...

Well it would be nice to see UI improvements (e.g. sorting of columns) or add the possibility to give individual names to folders, or to be able to manage remote nodes, or ... that will never happen in 1.4

But anyway you can be pretty sure that many, many users will probably use it instead of 2.0 because of the ignorance of the BTSync team!

Why not just use 1.4? Here's the link to the last version:

http://syncapp.bittorrent.com/1.4.111/

More importantly, the blog will attract new users who will mostly use it to download rather than sync between devices at the beginning. And now the blog have to take additional care to tell them to use this specific old version, which definitely has a smaller chance to convert user into customer.