So Far 2.0 Has Cost Me $20

Recommended Posts

I've been running 1.4 for a while, 2.0 had come out but it kept saying it was up to date.  I manualy updated it on my desktop and laptop, seemed to work ok so I updated my tablet and connected to the net to update my files; there was less than 1 GB of changes that needed to update so I left it.  I then get a text saying I'm at 95% of my data, thats over 5GB!  I disconnect the tablet and look at the logs and it's downloading every folder that's synced between the desktop and laptop instead of the one folder that I had on the tablet.  Also it's syncing the .!sync files that the tablet makes back to the desktop for some reason.  So I left everything paused only to come home today to another text saying I've used $20 in data.  Since the tablet was disconnected the only other device that uses the same data is the phone and 1.4 was running, I sure hope it wasn't syncing all the folders to the phone; cause that would be very expensive.  I'm not looking forward to tomorrow when I find out the total cost of using this software.



Looks like it's syncing everything twice, I have the main folder synced between the laptop and desktop, and specific sub-folders synced to each device.  Now all the sub-folders are syncing to *User\BitTorrent Sync\   duplicating them on each device!

Edited by VARN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.